wow slider

  • botanical-image
  • magazines
  • mountains-and-lakes
  • retro-comic-invite
  • tree-thumbprint
  • vintage-illustrations
1 2 3 4 5 6
jquery slideshow by WOWSlider.com v5.4

Friday 11 April 2014

Poppies



I'm a huge fan of vintage illustrations, particularly those of a botanical nature. And Jean Louis Prevost is my absolute favourite.  So I was delighted when I came across this delicious poppy illustration and new I had to do something special with it.






I didn't want the design to be overly traditional - it is sometimes tricky to avoid this when dealing with such intricate illustrations - and I wanted to attempt a more contemporary format. I'm really pleased with the result and think it is owed in no small part to the Art Deco font in crisp black against the bright white cardstock. 
This will be launched as part of my Summer 2014 collection this May.